Saturday, July 11, 2015

"An Expression Of Love"

   And being in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, as He sat at the table, a woman came having an alabaster flask of very costly oil of spikenard. And she broke the flask and poured it on His head.
   But there were some who were indignant among themselves, and said, "Why was this fragrant oil wasted?
   For it might have been sold for more than three hundred denarii and given to the poor." And they criticized her sharply.
   But Jesus said, "Let her alone. Why do you trouble her? She has done a good work for Me.
   For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good; but Me you do not have always.
   She has done what she could. She has come beforehand to anoint My body for burial.
   Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the whole world, what this woman did will also be spoken of as a memorial to her."  Mark 14:3-9

I must admit, I love this account! I love it for a couple of reasons but to be honest, its mostly because it always reminds me with a gentle nudge in my spirit of my need to bless Him. I say that because the truth is we can't do what she did exactly. We can't walk up to Him break the flask and anoint Him with a costly oil. But here is the thing we can do what she did! We can do a good work for Him! We can show our love and adoration for Him. We can give Him glory, honor, and praise. We can take the time to anoint Him with the fragrance of our praise and worship.

The next reason I love this account is because it always gives me a gentle nudge in my spirit to bless Him despite the opinion of others! I love that she didn't care what others thought of her. She was there to bless Him. He was her focus. Blessing Him was her focus and even though 'some were indignant' and 'they criticized her sharply' she still made blessing Him the priority of her heart.

Another reason I love this account is because it always gives me a gentle nudge in my spirit to remember that Jesus, will always come to my defense when others 'criticize sharply' my need to bless Him not only in worship, but in words and deeds alike. He honors me when I honor Him with my good works for Him.

I love this account because it always reminds me with a gentle nudge in my spirit that any expression of love on my part is nothing compared to His for Me.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment