Sunday, February 22, 2015

"In The Stillness"

And there he went into a cave, and spent the night in that place; and behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and He said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

So he said, "I have been very zealous for the Lord God of hosts; for the children of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. I alone am left; and they seek to take my life."

Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountain and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. And suddenly a voice came to him, and said, "What are you doing here Elijah?" 1 Kings 19:9-13    
     ------------------------------------------------------------
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah     Psalm 46:10-11
    -------------------------------------------------------------
Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When You said, "Seek My face," My heart said to You, "Your face, Lord, I will seek." Psalm 27:7-8

Lord, I come before You in this moment to ask that as Your people we would always seek Your will, Your voice, Your face in whatever 'cave' we find ourselves in. Lord, as we are zealous to do Your will help us to always find a place where we get still before You just hear Your voice! And  Lord, as You speak let us go forth equipped with the sword of Your spirit and the power of Your word to be and to say and to do all that You command. Please Lord, in the stillness of the moments of our days let us truly listen for the words of Your Spirit, and Your still small voice in our lives and then, Lord, as You speak let Your words be reflected in the things we do to further Your kingdom. Amen.

God Bless!!!

Staff of Snack Time Devotions

No comments:

Post a Comment