Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Rivers in the Wasteland

"For I am about to do something new. See I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

This is the verse that I am claiming for us, all of us. The verse, that as soon as I saw it, I knew it was mine. I have been feeling God move in my own life as well as in my church. I know that it is just the beginning! We have no idea, the things that God is going to do.

This world has become a wasteland, desolate of good and Godly things. Rampant sexuality, politics, racism, and drugs dominate this land. Where hurting people turn to drugs, alcohol, doctors, and the government for help, not God. This way is not working. You don't have to look to far to see that.

We need to be showing people the way. God is looking for the people who are willing to leave the safety of unanimity, to seek those who are lost. It's not like we have to go far. How many friends do you have that you have never spoke to about God? How many people know that you are a Christian?

I had a favorite church song as a kid. I don't remember the name, but the chorus was "There's a river of life flowing out of me, makes the lame to walk and the blind to see, opens prison doors, sets the captives free, there's a river of life flowing out of me."

I want to have that river flowing out of me into this dry wilderness. Don't you? It's time to take a step back from the distractions of the world, to focus on God. To grow our relationship with our Lord. To not let anyone rob us of our fire for God.

Join me in claiming that verse as your own.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment