Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Our Journey; God's Love

"When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. The more they were called, the more they went away; they kept sacrificing to the Baals and burning offerings to idols. Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk. I took them up by their arms, but they did not know that I healed them. I led them with cords of kindness, with bands of love, and I became to them as one who eases the yoke on their jaws, and I bent down to them and fed them." Hosea 11:1-4

These verses should have the title, "Every Man's Journey." Instead the title over this chapter is, "The LORD'S love for Israel."

God has chosen us, He has called us, brought us to Himself, loved us from the beginning. We are His children.

 But sometimes we decide to rebel instead. The more we hear God call, the more we run. The more we put our trust in the things of the world. We ignore His love.

But God has been loving us from the beginning. He even taught us how to walk! And He is not going to abandon us. God longs for us. He will pick us up! When we land on our rears, God is there to help us up, and to heal us.

God will bring us out of our earthy, eternal, and spiritual bondage. He is kind to us when it felt like everything and everyone else would rather spit on us then help us. God has taken the yoke from us, the burden that has weighed us down. But He doesn't stop there; God will then feed our hungry souls.

Our stubborn, foolish ways are a grand showcase to God's love for us.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment