Friday, July 26, 2013

Amazing, Incredible, Awesome God

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgements and do them."  Ezekiel 36:26-27

We serve such an amazing, incredible, awesome God!  Who else but such an amazing, incredible awesome God could or even would do what He does in the heart of a man.  He takes our cold, hard, unbelieving heart of the past and in a moment He does this amazing thing. Here, now, in the present He works a miracle and touches our heart in a way that absolutely changes and transforms the heart we live our future with! I have to say it again. I love that we serve such an amazing, incredible, awesome God!

Just in case you need an excellent example, check out this guy's story: Acts 9:1-28:31

The past - Cold, hard, unbelieving heart  - Acts 9:1,2  Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.

The present - Heart being touched and transformed - Acts 9:3-6 And as he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"  And he said, "Who are You, Lord?"
And the Lord said, I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads." So he, trembling and astonished, said, "Lord, what do You want me to do?"

The future - Heart transformed and living for His glory - Acts 9:15-20 - But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake." And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you  may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized. And when he had received food, he was strengthened. Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus. Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God. (Etc.)

David put it this way in Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me." And that is exactly what God did for Paul. He gave him a clean heart and a steadfast spirit that equipped his future and enabled him to serve Him faithfully 'even unto death.'

It is also what He will do for you and I because He is an Amazing, Incredible, Awesome  God!


No comments:

Post a Comment