Sunday, July 28, 2013

"A Promise And A Solution"

He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

This is one of my favorite scriptures. I go looking for it when I've had one of those weeks where everything that has been hard, difficult, and overwhelming is piled up so high that it totally overtakes anything that was good. You know the kind of day I'm talking about! One where, O God, O God, O God, O God, O God is the cry you make all day long. When I'm in that place I go to these verses because they contain both a promise and a solution to help me through.

When I'm feeling weak and lacking the ability to deal with things, this verse promises that He gives power and increased strength. It also reminds me that 'even the young get tired and weary and sometimes trip and fall' so I shouldn't heap condemnation on myself  if I get to feeling tired and overwhelmed. 1 Corinthians 10:13 puts it this way, "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to man;" Its normal, we all have times of feeling weak, lacking strength, or tripping and taking a fall, but the important thing to remember is how we deal with it. 

The solution is that we need to remember in those times of weariness to look to him because He is the one who gives power to the weak. He is the one who increases strength when our might fails us. He is the one who renews our strength to the point we soar like eagles, run without getting weary, and walk without fainting! The key is found in these words, "But those who wait on the Lord, Shall" If you look up the word 'wait' in the Strongs it means:  to bind together (perhaps by twisting). The solution is to bind together with Him! If we get 'tight' with God, then we get to receive all the power, might, and the strength to overcome and soar like eagles!


No comments:

Post a Comment