Thursday, April 7, 2016

I'm Back And I've Got Something To Say

Hey everyone! It's V. Joy Palmer. Yup, I'm back.

I had to take a blog break because my edits for my debut novel ( Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations ) arrived, and I had to focus a lot of time on that.

However.

The first round of edits has been turned in, and I've got a thought.

Just a thought.

But an important thought.

One I must share.

I was talking with some of the young ladies in the youth group. I was trying to share with them how special and important they are to God. It's ironic that I was the one trying to share this all important truth with them. Ahem, since I have a hard time remembering this truth myself.

Anyways. As I was talking, one girl said, "I know God has a plan for me," in response.

Which is true. God does have a plan for you. And it's an awesome one.

However. That's not why God created you. It's just a bonus.

God created you because He loves you. He wants you. He wants to hang with you. Chat with you. Spend time WITH YOU! His goal, purpose, and reason for creating you centers around His desire to be with you!

"Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised." Song of Solomon 8:6-7

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

These verses are just some of the verses in the Bible that illustrate God's all-consuming, fierce love for us. For me. For you. Yes, you. Stop thinking this doesn't apply to you. This is an important message. One we are all to quick to forget. One we must not forget.

God ordained you from the start of time because He wants to be with you. No other reason. Just His love for you.

V. Joy Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment