Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"The Rock Foundation"


As I was preparing to write for our kids blog this morning I was led by the Lord to Luke 6:46-49 As I was looking for pictures to use I ran across this cartoon and I thought maybe it would be good to share it with you as well so that we could all be reminded together!

Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:

"He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock."

"But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great."

When Jesus was telling the disciples this story and compared the two men it was to teach them how important it is to do the things that Jesus was telling them. It came up in the conversation because He had said, "But why do you call me Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things I say?"  He used the story of the two houses to show them how important it is to not just call Him, Lord, with the words of their mouth but by doing the things He said to do. Only then would He truly be Lord in their lives. If He is truly Lord, and sovereign in our lives we obey when He speaks. Ask a king, they will tell you! As, the Lord of our lives, He is the rock foundation that will support us and keep us safe when the storms come.  These are the people who not only call Him, Lord but declare, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Those that just call Him, Lord and never really listen and do the things He was teaching them are the ones whose house was built on the sand they were the ones with  WITH A HORRIBLE OUTCOME!

So, you and I want to make sure that we not only call Him, Lord, but treat Him like our Lord by listening and doing what He says! Will we be a house that chooses to serve Him? If not, we like the man who built on the sand  will end up in a place of despair.

I love that, David, 'a man after God's own heart' understood this simple truth!
      -----------------------------------------------

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;   My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God? It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect. Psalm 18:31-32

The Lord lives! Blessed be my rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted. Psalm 18:46

For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. Psalm 27:5

To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock: Do not be silent to me, Lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit.  Psalm 28:1

For You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore, for Your name's sake, Lead me and guide me. Psalm 31:3

He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock. Psalm 40:2

Be my strong habitation, To which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, For You are my rock and my fortress. Psalm 71:3

God Bless!!!

Check out http://snackpackdevotionsforkidz.blogspot.com

Following us on Facebook  or Twitter options are now available!

No comments:

Post a Comment