Saturday, May 10, 2014

"What A Declaration"

Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; Though the flock be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls-Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills. Habakkuk 3:17-19
      -------------------------------------------

"Yet will I rejoice in the Lord!" What a declaration! No matter what is happening-no blossoms-no fruit-no food-no shelter-no matter what is happening in the natural-Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation!

No matter - Rejoice in the Lord! Joy in the God of your salvation!

In Acts 16:23-26 we get to see where they did more than declare it, they did it! And when they had laid many stripes on them, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to keep them securely. Having received such a charge, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks. But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and every one's chains were loosed.

Talk about having your feet be made like deer's feet and being made to walk in high places. From their attitude of praise and rejoicing they were not only loosed from their chains and the inner prison by an earthquake, but they were able to share Jesus with all.

And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" So they said "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household." Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household. Acts 16:30-34

For Paul and Silas it wasn't just a declaration! They were beaten with rods, thrown into the inner prison, put in stocks and yet...they rejoiced in the Lord. They sang praises and looked to the God of their salvation. They turned their hearts to the God of their salvation not the situation they found themselves in. They didn't sit there wallowing in the injustice of what had happened. Instead they looked to Him with praises on their lips and a song of praise in their hearts. The result- new rejoicers in the God of our salvation were born into the kingdom.

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills. What a declaration! These words must take a place in our walk. We too must be a people who rejoicing in the Lord. We too must be a people, who despite our good day or our bad day take joy in the God of our salvation! We must pursue Him with our praise, our worship and make the cry of our heart and the declaration of our mouth, "No matter what-I will rejoice in the Lord. I will joy in the God of my salvation!
Check out http://snackpackdevotionsforkidz.blogspot.com



Following us on Facebook  or Twitter options are now available!



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this. Thanks for uplifting my heart just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind and gracious words! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete