Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Animal Panic

Then the Lord said to Noah, 'Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation. Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and his mate, and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and his mate, and seven pairs of the birds of the heavens also, male and female, to keep their offspring alive on the face of all the earth. For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground.' And Noah did all that the Lord had commanded him. Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters came upon the earth." Genesis 7:1-6

You know, if I had been Noah, I would have been like, "Okay. No problem, God. I'm sure I can get all the animals together in 7 or 8 years-wait a second! Did He say 7 days?! How am I supposed to get that many animals on this floating box in 7 days?" I would have been freaking out, believing that it couldn't be done.

Ignoring all the awesome stuff God had already accomplished, in preparation for this.

I decided to look up how many animals could have been on the Ark. I saw estimates from 2,000 to 50,000, and 16,000 more then once. Whatever number is correct, it's a lot of animals. I, personally, think that God spoke to all those animals, and told them to go to Noah.

Unlike me, Noah didn't appear to be in a panic because He knew God was preparing a way. God provided all the lumber and the tools for him to build the ark, and the food for his family and thousands of animals to eat. God was not going to stop there. Before Noah even knew, God's hand was on the situation.

We need to remember that even though the situation looks impossible to us, God is guiding the situation. He always provides a way for His will to be done.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment