Saturday, November 30, 2013

Does He Have Our Attention?

When I start to stir in the morning, my cat can instantly tell. She is on me in seconds, meowing and looking for attention. Even after petting her for a few minutes, she still follows me, meowing, and walking 4 inches in front of me in an attempt to stop me. Even after I give her a can of tasty *gag* meat, she will still come find me.

Why?

She is just looking for love.

Do you ever think of your relationship with God this way? You would think that His only role is the one who takes care of us. But any relationship is two-sided. I wonder how many times a day, God is just trying to get our attention, and we are more focused on getting our coffee.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me." Revelations 3:20

We can spend time with Jesus any time we want, but can He spend time with us, whenever He wants?

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment