Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Line of Faithfulness

Psalm 89 talks about God's promise to establish King David's offspring on the throne forever. God says that even if David's children majorly disobey Him, He would punish their transgressions with a rod and their iniquity with stripes, but:

"But I will not remove from him my steadfast love or be false to my faithfulness. I will not violate my covenant or alter the word that went forth from my lips. Once for all I have sworn by my holiness; I will not lie to David. His offspring shall endure forever, his throne as long as the sun before me. Like the moon it shall be established forever, a faithful witness in the skies."
Psalm 89:33-37

God goes on to say that He would not back out of His promise, no matter what stupid thing David's descendants did. As we saw, not all of David's descendants walked with God. The kingdom completely divided under the rule of David's grandson. But there was always someone from David's line on the throne. Even today.

"In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. And the virgin's name was Mary." Luke 1:26-27

Jesus is the current King from the line of David.

God was not false to His faithfulness. He did not violate the covenant or change His mind. He promised He would not lie to David. Those verses are for us. So we could see them today, and see God's faithfulness. So that as we go through life, we would know that all of God's promises to us would come to pass. Whenever you start to doubt, look at this amazing testimony. God is faithful to His word. Forever.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment