Saturday, August 29, 2015

"He Has Your Back"

   And Elijah the Tishbit, of the inhabitants of Gilead, said to Ahab, "As the Lord God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, except at my word."
   Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying, "Get away from here and turn eastward, and hide by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.
   And it will be that you shall drink from the Brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there."
   So he went and did according to the word of the Lord, for He went and stayed by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.
   The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning, and bread and meat in the evening; and he drank from the Brook. 1 Kings 17: 1-6

I don't know about you but when I think about Elijah being fed ravens it makes me remember that obedience to His Word means that I can rest assure that He has my back. God said, "Go to the Brook Cherith.Drink the water and eat the bread and meat that He had already, (before Elijah went) had already commanded the ravens to bring him." He said, "I have commanded the ravens to feed you there." Not, "I will," but, "I have."

He had a plan to meet Elijah's needs even before He sent him to the Brook Cherith. HE HAS A PLAN FOR YOU AND I AS WELL!

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Remember, if God says, "Go," be obedient, because He has your every need already in place...Even if the ravens get to be His delivery service.

No comments:

Post a Comment