Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thank You!

He was running.

Back to Jesus.

"Hallelujah!" He jumped over a bush and darted around a rock. "Praise God!"

A young child innocently wandered directly into his path, and an older man snatched him away just before his feet could crush those small hands. "Watch were you are going!"

Tsara turned around but kept jogging backwards! "I'm so sorry! I have to go, though!" He pushed faster and further, praying he wouldn't be too late. "Thank you, Lord!"

Ah ha! There he was!

He ran right up to Jesus, and flung himself face-first at his feet. "Thank you, Lord! Thank you for healing me! I am cleansed, and it's because of you! Thank you. Thank you. Praise the Lord for He is good!" On and on he went. Truthfully, he couldn't seem to stop. Tears of gratitude mingled with the dirt, and the resulting mud coated his face.

A hand gently touched his back, and Jesus was smiling at him. He offered his hand, and Tsara grasped it. With Jesus' help, he stood up, tall and whole.

"Thank you, Lord." Without thinking, he flung himself in Jesus' arms, and Jesus returned the spontaneous hug.

When he finally drew away, Jesus spoke. "Were not ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?"

Based on Luke 17:15-17

Yesterday I posted a kid's blog that I had written about two weeks ago about this thankful man. Then my pastor spent some time on this same man on Sunday. I don't consider that a coincidence. One out of ten lepers said, "Thank you." I'd be willing to bet that's a pretty accurate statistic of the world in general, as well.

I don't know about you, but I want the first words out of my mouth when something good happens to be, "Thank you, God!" Without His hand in my life, I would be a spiritual leper - unclean and alone. I need to give thanks to Him because He IS good!

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" Psalm 107:1

In honor of Thanksgiving and my Lord, that is exactly what I am going to do. I don't ever want to be one of the nine who never thanked the Lord. I want to show my thanks...

So today's blog is going to be a little different.

Dear Lord!

Thank you for all the ways you have provided for us this year! Thank you for healing us, touching us, and meeting us where we are!

You are not some angry old man in the sky waiting to zap us. You are not some ignorant care bear who turns a blind eye to us. You are the perfect parent. The everlasting Father. Our righteous Lord. You love us without fail, without condition, and without limit. You discipline us when necessary, but you never hold out on the grace and mercy. You Lord, are the reason I have anything to be thankful for this year. Without you, and the way that you have held me in your hand, I would have absolutely nothing. Even in my weakness, I have everything in you.

You have given my friends and family. Life. Food. Toilet paper (seriously, I cannot thank you enough for toilet paper).

Lord, you gave your life for me. Thank you.

Amen.

P.S. Lord, I want to thank you for all the readers who have blessed us so much in the last two years. Their thoughts and comments have made this such a joy for us, and I want to ask that you show them your love in a special way this year.


V. Joy Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment