Thursday, May 12, 2016

"The Secret Place"


Isaiah 55:2-3

"Listen diligently to Me, and eat what is good.
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you --
The sure mercies of David.

Psalm 91:1-2

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust."

Psalm 63:1-2

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.

Psalm 46:10

Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nation's,
I will be exalted in the earth!

Psalm 34:8

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

Psalm 27:8

When You said, "Seek My face,"
My heart said to You,
"Your face, Lord, I will seek."

These are just a few verses that remind me that it is His heart that we as His people need to spend time in His presence. We need to draw close! We must meet with Him in the secret place of His presence!  It is in this place that He speaks! It is in this place that we encounter Him and realize that it is His desire is to share His heart with His people! In case your not convinced ... read the book of Isaiah and highlight every time He says the words, "Listen to me." (For example 46:12, 48:1, 12, 16, 49:1, 51:1,4,7) 

Still not convinced that it is crucial to the life of a believer? There is always, always, always the example of Jesus to consider ... "So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed." Luke 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment