Saturday, January 9, 2016

"The Joy"

"...looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2
I've been thinking a lot about the phrase 'for the joy set before Him.' The Joy that was before Him was obviously not found in what He was about to go through on the cross. He knew what He was about to suffer. He understood better than you or I what it was all about. There is a reason that He sweat drops of blood as the time drew near for Him to 'endure the suffering and shame' that His death on the cross represented. He knew that for the first time in His life He would be separated from the Father. There was a reason that He cried out, "My God, my God, why has though forsaken Me!" There was no joy in knowing that what He was about to go through meant suffering, shame, and separation from the Father. THE JOY that was set before Him was you! It was you and I and the possibility of knowing us and I am and us knowing Him!  HE 'COUNTED THE COST' OF THE CROSS AND DECIDED THAT YOU AND I WERE WORTH IT! We were the joy that was set before Him because He knew that when it was all said and done, not only would He be reunited in fellowship with the Father, but that we would be reunited as well.

In reality 'The Joy' that was set before Him was His love for you and I and hopefully ...our love for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment